GROUND FORCE DAY TAKE 2
Our Tilford Institute is in need of some love and attention.
On 2nd October we are planning from 9am an all day Ground Force Day where we are looking for volunteers to help us give our lovely village hall a good tidy up, help with a number of small maintenance and repairs, and to see if we can get some much needed painting done. If you have a few hours or more to help us we would be very grateful.
Like most charity’s the village hall is totally self funding and survives on the money we raise from hiring fees alone. But this does not provide the sort of funds to pay for a maintenance person or for professional painters. We are therefore looking for volunteers with all mixes of skills and DIY experience to offer us just a few hours or more to help us transform a slightly tired looking building. We carried out a similar exercise 4 years ago, and had much success with over 30 volunteers helping us for a day.
We have listed below some of the jobs and tasks we are hoping to tackle on the day. Please let us know if you would be able to help us using the email address listed below.
1. Tidying up:
- Sweep out and tidy up the storage and kitchen cupboards
- Help us clear out the loft area
- Jet wash the car park and some of the external walls
- Weed and tidy up the rear garden
- Clean out the roof gutters
- Plant some new shrubs in the garden borders
- Tidy up the front area and side steps
2. Repairs include:
- Repair some shelves in storage cupboards
- Repair a few broken roof gutters
- Reset the main external clock and see if we can get it working again
3. Internal and external Painting:
- Paint the external Windows
- Paint the lower half of the two main rooms
- Paint the hall way
- Paint the changing rooms
- Wood treatment on the external beams
All help is welcome, including any support for keeping the teas and coffees flowing throughout the day.
Please can you reply to our email address with any offers of help, and if you have a preference for (1). Tidying up; (2). Repairs; or (3). Painting….and thus helping us plan the jobs and materials needed for the day. Please email us on:
Tilford Institute Charity Trustees